PURCHASING TEAM INTERN (6 months intern)
Apply till 01.01.1970
Applying for the vacancy has ended
This internship provides experience of the practical knowledge and possibilities to acquire new skills and knowledge by supporting Purchasing department day to day activities and executing projects that improve departments performance against organizations goals and requirements.
*This is a full time paid internship for 6 months.
- Some college education or equivalent education preferred.
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing in English.
- Ability to organize and handle multiple tasks in an efficient manner.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and maintain positive relationships.
- Ensures compliance with Purchasing Ethics, Sarbanes-Oxley 404, ISO and Corporate Standards, Values, audit rules, laws, etc.
- Generates and maintains appropriate Purchasing documents.
- Maintains records of prices and terms negotiated with suppliers.
- Expedites purchase orders; contacts suppliers to follow up on delivery dates and other order-related issues, such as changes, cancellations, invoicing, etc.
- Assists with the collection of data and research of new sources for standard items.
- Performs other duties and job tasks according to employer’s written and verbal orders.
This is a really good opportunity for young professionals to join a Global Cabot family with approximately 4,600 employees and cooperate on a daily basis with colleagues from more than 20 countries around the world. Cabot offers ethical work environment, learning opportunities, advancement, competitive benefits, fun and friendly colleagues! This is a place to meet your full potential, achieve your professional goals and develop your leadership ability.
Vacancies you might be interested in
About the company
Founded in 1882, Cabot Corporation (NYSE: CBT) is a global specialty chemicals and performance materials company, headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. The company provides customers with a variety of products including rubber and specialty carbons, activated carbon, inkjet colorants, cesium formate drilling fluids, fumed silica, aerogel, security materials and elastomer composites.
In Latvia, Cabot Corporation has opened a new European, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) Business Services Centre in 2014 which offers 120 new workplaces for specialists in various fields. The Centre is a key support unit for the EMEA region operations – 20 locations including manufacturing facilities in Belgium, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, UAE and UK. The team in Latvia is managing Cabot's EMEA business needs for accounting, credit and collections, accounts payable, purchasing, customer services, transportation, data management, information technology, human resources and site administrative support.